Program Overview & Benefits
Dental Hygiene has been recognized and practiced as a profession for over fifty years. Dental Hygienists work with clients and patients and can treat them independently of the dentist with certain restrictions. Dental Hygiene is a dynamic and challenging health care profession that allows for a wide range of practice environments. These include general dental practices, speciality offices, independent dental hygiene clinics, research and education, and public health positions.
Dental Hygienists perform a myriad of services for clients and patients. These include scaling and root planing (cleaning teeth), educating clients and patients on oral hygiene, putting sealants on teeth, and teeth whitening. Further education can also be pursued that allow for even more duties and responsibilities.
Become a Dental Hygienist in 18 months.According to the Canadian Dental Hygienists Association (CDHA) 2013 Labour Survey showed the average wage was $40.18/hr. Apply Now
Toronto College of Dental Hygiene and Auxiliaries Inc. is approved under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
Dental Hygiene is a highly respected profession with many opportunities. While wages vary throughout the country, the Canadian Dental Hygienists Association’s 2013 Labour Survey indicated a median wage of $40.18/hour. Once graduates register with the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario (CDHO), their skills in this field are well remunerated.
The College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario (CDHO) is the regulatory body for Dental Hygiene in the Province of Ontario. In order to practice Dental Hygiene in the Province of Ontario, a person must be registered with the CDHO.
The practice of Dental Hygiene is regulated under the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991, and the Dental Hygiene Act, 1991. Toronto College of Dental Hygiene and Auxiliaries Inc. is approved under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
Why Choose Us
According to the Canadian Dental Hygienists Association’s 2013 Labour Survey, the average wage for a Dental Hygienist is $40.18/hour.
Dental Hygiene Course Details
Toronto College of Dental Hygiene and Auxiliaries Inc. is approved under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
Our Dental Hygiene Program has received Accreditation from The Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada.
Benefits & Advantages
- Complete the Accredited Dental Hygiene Program in only 18 months
- Competitive tuition with payment options
- Excellent National and International reputation
- Digital X-rays
- Panoramic X-ray machine on site
- Paperless environment preparing students for today's dental practice
- Client/Patient Education Software for explaining treatment to the clients
- Hands-on Orthodontic course
- Comprehensive Community Program providing a hands-on, practical experience
- Supported student learning environment
- Excellent Faculty to Student Ratio
- Dental Hygiene Practice Management Course which prepares the students for independent Dental Hygiene practice
- Articulation agreements with degree offering Institutions should students wish to pursue a degree after graduation
- Close proximity to transit and major highway routes
- TCDHA posts all job openings and opportunities on the student portal within the College.
- Current students are informed of potential job opportunities through e-mails.
- TCDHA maintains alumni information and notifies former graduates of potential job opportunities through e-mail.
- TCDHA assists students with resume writing, interview techniques, soft skills, and job preparations skills.
- TCDHA allows students to utilize the facilities to contact potential employers and print resumes.
- TCDHA provides reference letters for their graduates.